I love it when Dan looks in the fridge and complains, “There’s nothing to eat!” like he did the other day. I jumped into the kitchen with my hands on my hips (Musketeer style) and said, “Do you challenge me, Sir? There is plenty to eat! I will make you a dinner fit for a king!”. OK, I’m still a little caught up with the “Game of Thrones” season finale last week Well, I think I won that challenge with these comforting Mexican Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Peppers!
Don’t tell me, “There’s nothing to eat”! Recipe
By June 11, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 min mins
- Cook: 60 min mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
These Stuffed Peppers are amazingly delicious with just a couple of ingredients.
- 2 Red Peppers top cut off and seeds taken out
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 Cups Quinoa
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Black Beans if canned, rinse well
- 1 Cup crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dollop Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Drizzle Peppers with Olive Oil, sea salt & Pre-bake Peppers at 400 degrees for 30 min
- While peppers are baking, cook Quinoa as directed on package . *(Boil 1 1/2 C water to ever cup of Quinoa-then simmer for 30 min covered till fluffy).
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl: Quinoa, Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro, Bean, Tomatoes, Parsley, Salt, Cumin
- Stuff Peppers with mixture once peppers are done.
- I froze the extra stuffing for a quick meal later...a lot healthier than Lean Cuisine!