Slow Cooked Lemon + Garlic Chicken
Your right, this isn’t a picture of a meal….it’s my life right now:) I’ve been busy packing, organizing, getting rid of things, storing, reminiscing…. but mainly, packing up my apartment the last couple of days, and will be doing this for a couple more weeks. So when your place looks like that above, aka, CHAOS, then what you need is here below…..
…..a Crock Pot. This is your best friend until you move
The best things about using a Crock Pot is:
- You only use one pot.
- It’s SLOW COOKED…need I say more?
- When you get home from work the aroma of food hits you in the face as you walk in the door and no one is cooking in the kitchen except for Mr. Crocker!
Here’s my quick recipe for Slow Cooked Lemon + Garlic Chicken:)
- All you need is your choice of chicken. (I used the thighs with the skin on).
- Good Homemade or organic Chicken Stock. (Enough to cover the chicken once in the pot).
- 2 Lemons. One thinly sliced and thrown in. One cut in half, juiced into pot then thrown in as well. **(You eat the thinly sliced lemons, they are marvelous! And throw out the lemon that is cut in half when it’s done cooking).
- 4 heads of Garlic. That’s right! 4 heads, cloves peeled and thrown in whole. (Or buy already peeled garlic cloves).
- salt + pepper to taste.
**Don’t worry about the amount of garlic cloves. Because they are slow-cooked, they develop this fantastic mild garlic and sweet taste to them. It’s not overly garlicky at all!**
To peel a clove, you simply use the flat part of a chopping knife to slightly crush the clove (enough to crack the skin) and peel the skin off. That’s it!
Put everything in the pot on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with fresh Thyme or parsley on top on…what else? Paper plates!..because all of mine are all packed up!! Fine dining
Happy packing to me…..ugh